And you have drinks and dinner planned for after the round. Whether it is an early spring round or squeezing in another round before the fall turns cold, you are sure to find the perfect golf vest or sweater to keep you warm.
4 Kinds of Men's Golf Sweaters
Men's layers should allow complete range of motion so they can’t be too tight. On account of the need to freely swing the club, these should be somewhat stretchy. On the other hand, too loose is not ideal either.
The ability to button it up or not gives a great deal of flexibility in changing weather conditions.
Pullover Crew Neck
These are very effective at keeping you warm as breezes are cut off before they chill.
Pullover with Zipper
A quarter zip offers an attractive compromise between a crew neck and a cardigan.
The big factor here is accessibility. No zippers or buttons to negotiate with. Just put it on and go.
5 Important Features in Men's Golf Sweaters
- Fabric: Either cotton or a cotton/poly blend is largely a matter of personal choice. Moisture wicking fabric is a real bonus if it does get a bit warmer. There are very different weights so it makes sense to have light, mid, and heavyweight options available to adjust to changing seasons.
- Elastic: Around the base and the cuffs, look for good quality that will hold its shape even if it goes through the washer and dryer a few times.
- Design: With an enormous variety, there are plenty of choices between solids and patterns. Some classics like argyle fade in and out of style but never go away completely.
- Construction: Check to see if the sleeves and neckline are well attached to the body of the sweater. Higher quality will give you years of wear without worrying about ripping out a seam.
- Logo: For some people, this is important to search for and for others, not so much. You know your own personal style so go with it.
4 Options for Golf Vests
Golf vests make a great deal of sense. They allow arms to swing freely and provide that layer to keep the core warm.
- Full zip golf vests: Maximum flexibility to adjust to the conditions. Look to see if the collar is able to protect the neck from breezes.
- Quarter zip golf vests: Quickly pull on. Some ability to adjust for changes in the weather. Easily transitions to indoor wear.
- Button/Snap up golf vests: Designed to allow the best of all worlds. Often seen in heavyweights for cooler weather. Many offer water shedding fabric.
- Pullover golf vests: Usually a V-neck.
What are the Top Brands to Shop?
Polo Ralph Lauren, Travis Matthew and FootJoy are big names in this department. Ryder Cup Team apparel is popular to search for and wear on the links every couple of years.
What About a Sale?
You should sort through all the sales options as you refine your search for vests and other items. Perhaps you will select a red hot color for your next game. Such a selection is easy to impress your competition with as you ride the cart around the course.
Regardless of your design preferences, Golf-Clubs.com has a sweater or golf vest for you. Join our email to see our exclusive offers. Get your shoes and gloves here too.
We carry what you need. Call us if you have any questions!