4 Types of Golf Jackets for Men
- Full zip up: This is the most adaptive of all the options with a zipper running from the bottom all the way to the neckline.
- Quarter or Partial Zip: While this provides some ventilation if the sun comes out, it is terrific at keeping the elements away.
- Pullover: Usually but not always a v-neck. This option is the ultimate in convenience. No zippers to jam or snag.
- Hoodies: Following the sweatshirt style, these will really protect from wind and rain.
What are Important Golf Jacket Features?
- Waterproof or resistant fabric: While not all jackets repel water, those that do are important in fighting the elements.
- Wind stopping: Having a quality layer like this makes playing in cooler weather a real pleasure.
- Sweat wicking: In changing conditions, having material that will draw moisture away from the skin can make a difference.
- Pockets: Either at the side or sometimes right in front. Useful for carrying the winning scorecard, some tees or an extra glove. May or may not be zippered.
- Vents: Some jackets have vents in the armpit area to keep wearers from overheating.
- Hood: Usually with a drawstring to keep the hood close.
- Lining: Can be useful providing another level of insulation.
- Cuff design: Some cuffs will contain elastic to keep the sleeves from moving around which can be a distraction when swinging the club.
- Neckline: Some prefer the v-neck while others prefer the ability to zip all the way upto the neck/chin for maximum protection.
Options for Fabrics
- Hard finish: Usually the best at shedding rain. These are smooth in texture.
- Soft finish: Incredibly comfortable. Sometimes used as a mid-layer.
- Combinations: Some jackets utilize a combination of fabrics and finishes. Luxurious brushed fabrics often make the inside of a jacket soft to the touch.
A good quality jacket is essential when the weather is iffy and Golf-Clubs.com is here to offer a huge range of choices. Why not pick up a couple? And while you are shopping, don’t forget to get balls for your next round. If your shoes are fading fast, invest in a new pair to make your feet as happy as the rest of you! Check out our sales too. Looking for advice? Our customer service is second to none. Call us with questions!